Customers Control Panel
This FAQ provides details about how to change or add a VAT rate for a specific country, on any software hosted by DoliCloud. All Open Source software hosted by DoliCloud which manage VAT details are covered here.
Check the instructions that match your software version.
With Dolibarr ERP & CRM 3.4.2 or higher
These instructions will work if you are using the Dolibarr ERP & CRM 3.4.2, or a more recent version.
To replace a VAT rate that has changed with a new value:
The first step is to add the new VAT rate for your country.
- Login to your Dolibarr instance as an admin user.
- Navigate to the menu Home - Setup - Dictionary - VAT rates or Sales Taxes
- On the first line, choose your Country (first field), enter the new VAT Rate (second field), then a Note (last field, for example "New VAT rate for year 2020") and click on Add.
- Check the list if the VAT rate has been added successfully.
If the module Product or Service is enabled, and you would like to change the VAT rate (that has been defined) as the rate to use for some predefined products.
- Navigate to the menu Home - Modules tools
- Choose the menu entry Mass VAT change.
- You will get a page with two lines:
- Enter in the first line, the value for the old VAT rate. In the second line, enter the value for new VAT rate, then click on the button "Change".
Doing this will change all the sale prices of your products and services with the new value. If the reference price of a product or service was set to price without tax, the amount that will be modified will be the price including tax (price without tax remains the same). If the reference price of a product or service was set to price including tax, the amount that will be recalculated and modified will be the price without tax (price including tax remains the same).
With Dolibarr ERP & CRM 3.4.1 or lower
These instructions will work if you are using Dolibarr ERP & CRM 3.4.1 or an older version.
The first step (to change the default VAT rate of a country) is the same for Dolibarr 3.4.2 or higher (check the previous instructions provided on this page)
If the module Products or Services is enabled, you may also need to edit the prices of your predefined products. However, there is no feature to change in one shot, all the VAT rates defined for your predefined products or services (with 3.4.0 and 3.4.1, the feature exists but was not working for supplier prices):
- The easier way is to request for an upgrade of your instance to 3.4.2. Once this is done, check the previous instructions provided on this page.
- If you can't or don't want to upgrade, you must go manually on each product or service, into tab Customer Prices and Supplier Prices, to edit prices.
Become a DoliCloudpartner/reseller